Skins :: A Teenage Enigma

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a non-canon roleplay based off of the UK-based TV show, Skins, set in Chicago.

2 posters

A night of surprises ((Avery, PM to join PG-13+))

Veronica Riley
    Veronica Riley

A night of surprises ((Avery, PM to join PG-13+)) Empty A night of surprises ((Avery, PM to join PG-13+))

Post by Veronica Riley Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:46 pm

A rave. It was safe to say Ronnie hadn’t been to a decent one in a while. The lights were dimmed so much that you could barely tell who was directly behind you. The air reeked of various drugs and talking to someone was equally painful because their breaths tended to be even worse – and coated by that distinguishable hint of vodka. There was a lightshow at the top, it was good too, better than any she’d seen before. This was all mindless, really. Take a hit out of whatever is tossed your way, down any pills. She had ecstasy in her pocket, but Ronnie was wary to use it yet. She wanted to find someone to share it with.

This party wasn’t hard for her to get into. Though she didn’t broadcast herself in school (like some), everyone into the same sorts of things knew her. All it took really was to show up somewhere bearing gifts, and then get high with everyone else. Sharing those sorts of moments with people had a tendency to bring them together. But apart from assuring that she was invited to almost every good party/dance/whatever, she still didn’t have anyone close that she could just pull aside, unfortunately. But that was of her own doing. It was how she was brought up – what she made herself into. Throwing herself into the mass of “dancing” bodies, she made her way around the dance floor as a few guys (and girls) found her a fancy. She pulled various things from their pockets without trouble. And finally she made it towards to exit, intent on simply sitting outside in the cold and letting familiar smoke fill her lungs from the joint she luckily ‘picked up’. The only shame would be that the only coat she had was on her motorcycle - locked up - and the slits taken out of her tight dress would be freezing.

However, as she was about to stand outside, she saw a familiar patch of reddish hair on the outskirts of the dancing. ”Avery? Is that you?” Walking over to the figure, she found out soon that it was, in fact, Avery. Trying not to look too happy, she remarked, [color=darkblue]”What are you doing here… I didn’t really see this as your sort of scene.”[/color} She smirked and looked over his clothing and general 'state'. He actually seemed to be fitting in better here than she would have assumed.
    Avery Kessell
    Avery Kessell
    Admin
    Chief Instigator and Rabble-Rouser

A night of surprises ((Avery, PM to join PG-13+)) Empty Re: A night of surprises ((Avery, PM to join PG-13+))

Post by Avery Kessell Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:32 pm

There was one type of party that Avery could honestly say that he didn’t grace with his presence very often and those were raves. The type of music that was played at them wasn’t his favorite and the light shows gave him a headache. The drugs and alcohol and everything else was fine but the overall atmosphere left him having to sit home the next in bed with a migraine from the dubstep and strobe lights. Though he still knew people that enjoyed them and when he heard about one that didn’t take him too far out of his way, was close to another party he wanted to attend, or that he knew he’d leave with some hot girl he would risk it. This was one of those nights of the latter variety and after only an hour, it already started to look up.

Avery tended to stay along the sidelines during these kinds of parties, they seemed to get crazier in the middle and Avery couldn’t handle the crazy parts of raves. He just enjoyed spectating and lighting up the occasional cigarette and doing whatever kind of pills would come his way, if any reached the perimeter he was on. Chatting up some guys he know that had gotten him to come to the party – not mentioning it was a rave at first - tonight he heard a voice that reminded him of the crack of a bat and the smell of smoke and it took him a moment to put it together that the voice was from the baseball game that mason and he had attended with the three girls.

Turning around he spotted Ronnie and smiled, knowing that he had definitely found someone he’d gladly hook up with if it went that far and she spoke up saying the exact same thing that raves made him feel, that it wasn’t the sort of place that he’d go to, ”You’re not wrong. I’m definitely out of my element here but sometimes you have to go where the Fates lead you and that so happened to be here tonight. Also gotta thank those two assholes for inviting me and not telling me exactly what this was going to be.” He smiled at her, seeing her clutching at something in her hand but disregarding it for the time being, ”So I guess I strayed into your type of thing, haven’t I?” Avery remarked and wondered if being around Ronnie would make this night be less of a downer than he originally thought.

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:47 am